If you're not behind on your mortgage payments but have been unable to get traditional refinancing because the value of your home has declined, you may be eligible to refinance through MHA's Home Affordable Refinance Program (HARP). HARP is designed to help you get a new, more affordable, more stable mortgage.
Here's how it works:
- Loan must be owned or guaranteed by either Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac
- Loan must have been sold to Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac on or before May 31, 2009.
- The mortgage cannot have been refinanced under HARP previously unless it is a Fannie Mae loan that was refinanced under HARP from March-May 2009
- The current loan-to-value (LTV) must be greater than 80%
- The borrower must be current on the mortgage at the time of the refinance, with a good payment history in the past 12 months
Apply for a HARP 2.0 Loan today.